Our Beliefs

”i’m

Jordan and I

Jordan and I

Friday, November 8, 2013

Camden Jordan Porter

HOLY COW- he is finally here! 

We have waited nine, almost ten months, wondering what this little guy would look like, if he had hair, and how big he would be. I thought that November would never get here and now it finally happened. 
Camden's birth was an interesting experience to say the least. I had been dilated to a 1 with a closed cervix (gross, I know) for about the last month of my pregnancy - go me. This boy was not coming out and I wasn't thrilled about it. I was doing just about anything, and taking suggestions on how to get him out. Yoga ball, spicy food, long walks, you name it I probably tried it. We went to the doctor on Tuesday (November 5th, my due date)  hoping for some positive feedback- but alas I was still at a 1 and not effaced. I basically flat out told the doctor I wasn't doing this anymore and I would do anything to get this child out of me- even if that meant a c-section. Turns out I had high blood pressure and she wanted to induce anyway because she didn't want any complications with the baby. I have never been so happy in my whole entire life. We got it all squared away with the hospital and were scheduled to head to labor and delivery Wednesday (November 6th) night at 9 PM. At that point we realized there was no turning back now and that our lives were going to drastically change! 



Wednesday night rolled around and we got to labor and delivery. They were treating me like a queen, it was so nice! They gave me this pill called cytotec to get me started and an ambien. They proceeded  to give us this big long lecture on how plan on being here a while, its your first pregnancy…it's going to take a while for things to really get going -yada yada. Well turns out I went from being dilated to a one all the way to a four in less than a few hours- the nurses were shocked and I was in major pain. The ambien did nothing for me because the contractions came on SO strong- I felt like I was going to die. The nurse asked if I wanted an epidural and I gladly accepted. That sucker is/was a gift from God- I'm not sure how women can give birth without one but more power to those who can handle it. I myself will take one every time I have a child. One that sucker was in me I was able to calm down and get maybe 20 minutes of rest. It was hard to sleep with the nurse coming in and out to check the baby and the monitors. At about 8 in the morning I had progressed all the way to a 9 and my water had broke by itself. It wasn't but about an hour later I was at a ten and they had called the doctor. Luckily everyone that wanted to be there had made it on time. We had told a lot of our family that he probably wouldn't be here till later in the afternoon so it was such a shock that it was progressing so quickly. It wasn't too long after that I had reached a ten and positive 3 station (meaning his head was in position and I could start pushing). The nurse had me do a few practice pushes to help bring his head down even more. I'm pretty sure I only pushed about 7 or 8 times before they told me his head was there. Mind you at this time my doctor was still NOT at the hospital (she's a real piece of work). I was having another contraction and all of the sudden his head popped out- the nurse had to do a double take before she too saw that it was out. At that point there was no stopping him from coming and he literally shot out of me like a cannon on the next contraction! It was crazy and I didn't realize what had happened until he started to cry! So yes, the nurse was the one to deliver him, she was a rockstar and she should really be the one who gets paid for the delivery. Needless to say we are a little upset with our regular doctor, she took her sweet time getting over to the hospital and acted like it didn't even phase her that she had missed anything. I've got a little bit…okay...a stage 3 tear…which is no bueno so I'm pretty sore and will be down for a little while. Thank goodness for my fantastic husband and parents! 

Camden Jordan Porter was born at 10:28 AM. He weighs 7 lbs 10 oz. and is 22 inches long. He is a big boy and has HAIR! Wahoo! We were so worried that he'd come out as a little baldy. He has brown hair that I can put in a little mohawk- I'm thrilled. He really is the most beautiful baby, I guess I may be a little biased and don't want to be one of those moms who is constantly bragging about her child but he's so wonderful and so handsome! 

This was his 22 week 3D ultrasound. 

Proud papa! Love my boys. 

He's such a doll. 

Nana and her baby boy. This was my moms first biological child, so it was such a special moment for her to be there for his birth! 

My mom, and my darling sister. 

Mommy and Daddy 




Cute little guys! 
My sweet brother told me from day one that he would be here the minute Camden was born. Because I didn't know when he was going to be making his arrival into the world so Jason wasn't sure when to come. The minute he got the call he booked a flight into UT that day and surprised me! Love him.

I feel so blessed to be able to have this experience of being a mother. I know that it won't be easy whatsoever but it will be so worth it. I couldn't ask for a better husband who has taken the best care of me for the last 9 months. We are so excited for this new journey in our lives. We would love to have visitors- but all we ask is that if you are feeling sick or have been sick please come another time when you're feeling better. :) Thank you to everyone who has supported us throughout this pregnancy and what not. We love you all! 






No comments:

Post a Comment